11/26/2003

new poem unleashed :)

===================================
....Poetry arrived
in search of me. I don't know. I don't know where
it came from, from winter or a river.
I don't know how or when....

--- Pablo Neruda
===================================

surprisingly, natapos ko siya kahapon kasi ganyan ako magsulat ng poem...
walang rules i write whatever and whenever... akala ko kung minsan never na siya matatapos
more on freeverse kasi ako e... nde ko kya magsulat na may restrictions....

oh well, i couldn't sleep last night because of this new poem of mine... it is so real kasi for me so every word and structure... matagal kong pinagisipan... i know naramdaman ko na dati ito although it's different lang talga now... pro this poem is my best yet... darker and deeper... it somehow brings out a psychotic side of myself... it is more of my insanity and obssession towards some certain things.. anyway, what are you doing reading this intro... read on na!!! bilis hehhe... here goes... ;P

============================================================================
Silent Wars

It scares me when I think about it
I come crawling again
Into a familiar path
But I found myself lost once again

As the bright crescent moon slowly hovers around this path
like a lamp in an eerie sea of darkness
I see the same shadows probing behind the walls of my sanity

I am alone again.

In the dark, where I lay beside a twisted, perverse abyss
which sucked and slandered the core of my being.
The hole that became solely responsible for the
fierce winds that severely battled from
where the banners of my life faced to,
seem to die and fade out slowly.

it starts a surreptitious flame

and spreads incessantly,
creating an inferno
underneath my
desiccated
skin

I am stunned.
Because I know this signals
the start of the revolution.

The red flag has been raised
the silent wars beneath me
has begun.
(2)
Confusion circles inside my mind
like a rapturous vulture
with starving, deadly eyes
feasting on its bloodied, powerless prey.
Its daunting presence belligerently
freezes my brain
that bluntly distorts my ideas
and raises infinite doubts in everything that I believe in.

Day in and day out the spherical walls
that I have built to protect me are penetrated easily.

I am vulnerable again.

Inside
this newly-worn, sturdy, shiny mask
that has shielded me before
and deceived more people than I could ever have imagined
seems to be valuable again

(3)
I psyche myself to fight back
I spit out blood that originated deeply from my roots
and it fills my veins with wrath.
Then I retaliate.
With every limb on my body,
I use all the strength that I have
and fight it like there is no tomorrow.

Yet,
I stumble
and fall into this pit of darkness
Twisting and nibbling on
what is left inside me

I silently plunge down into the
subconscious depths of this familiar territory
and gaze upward,
just admiring the zenith of my soul.

A dilemma abruptly whacks me in the face
And raises an unanswerable, ironic question…

How come you made it so simple for me to love
someone like you
but
when its time for me
to let you go

I find myself descending through a bottomless hell and battling the silent wars from within?

================================================================
Albertto G 2003

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home