10/28/2003

part time dad/part time mom/kuya bart

Last Sunday was one of my longest days ever; however, things seem to fall into their right places smoothly. It was somehow touching to see me and my sisters actually doing the work for preparing, entertaining, and cleaning for one whole day. I felt so tired after that day; nevertheless, I really had a wonderful and fun time doing it especially for my (middle) little sister, Beatrice. My dad is at work until 1:30pm that day, and my mom is in the Philippines until next month, so who do you think will carry all the responsibilities for that day?

I came home at around 11:30pm the night before and it just dawned on me on that time the weight of the task at hand. I had no qualms about making one cool party for my sister, but the thing is, I don't know if I could even get up and pull through in the next morning. Of course, the friggin nerd that I am, I always have a reflex action to put down things whenever thoughts come to my head. I have this small blue notebook that I always carry. I use it for my checklist, my mini blog, and my thought bank. Whatever comes into mind, I will always put everything there except when I am lazy. :)

Anyway, my daily routine started at 5:00am to bring my dad to work. I guess I am already used to it. I had this feeling like I was going to a midnight mass, a.k.a."simbang gabi". (ano english nito kalimutan ko na!) ;p Especially when I get back home and I couldn't sleep I remember those 9 mornings (uy mari si piolo!!!) when I came home from church. I don't seem to understand why, but I just feel that way. I always try to sleep before starting the day because I have less than an hour to rest.

I woke up hearing Nicole's voice, my (oldest) little sister, shouting to get my ass up because a million things to do. Of course, she couldn't go anywhere because I was obviously the only driver in the house. We went to auntie loo's house (i don't know what i would do if not for her!). We got the lechon kawali and mang thomas. :) We also ate breakfast there! Good Lord!!! We borrowed some containers and utensils. We left after a while because we have to clean up and decorate. The house is a mess, the food is not yet fully prepared, and our guests will be there in 4 hours.(whoopie doo!!! what a joy!!!!) We had to go to mass so that's minus one. I gave my sisters assignments. Nadine, the youngest, cleaned the floor, Bea fixed the shoe rack and cleaned with me, and Nicole was in charge of the food. I fixed the table, organized the utensils, cleaned the living room (and hide the trash hehe), I put cooked rice and cleaned the bathroom. I did everything to clean the whole house because it is embarrassing to see the house in a mess right? Sometimes I think that I am an OC-OC but I love it!!! I congratulated them because they did a splendid job and after 30 minutes the first batch of visitors came. It was aunt loo's family and they helped us with more stuff to make it better. They also brought the magic mic videoke!!! (hehe) which was good, but since we still don't have a television set. We asked one of my aunts to bring a small tv.

Batch by batch our relatives came and we ate a lot of food and we just hung out. After eating, we played pusoy dos and the kids were playing monopoly. Aunt loo said that it looked like we were in the beer garden (more of like nasa patay hehe). We realized that after a while of hanging out and playing around we found ourselves having fun. I know it's very shallow, but because of the ever so so stressful life of the way people live here, it's so hard not to understand why. Before everyone left, we ordered four boxes pizza. I love pizza. Who doesn't? The blanket of cheese, the luscious slice of pepperoni, and those mouth-watering mushrooms, one bite can make me crazy!

After everybody went home, I was dead tired. I wanted to lie down, but I still can't! You know why? We still have to clean up, wash the dishes, sweep the floor, put the excess food in the ref, and everything that involves cleaning. It's a good thing Nicole was there to help or else I could have passed out doing all the work. Of all the house chores that I have done, I don't know why I hate cleaning the dishes. Oh well, after all those things were finished. I had time to relax. At last! I can lie down.

However, my day doesn't stop there. I had to get up again after 10 minutes and study for my biology test. Wow! I had to memorize all those science crap. I can deal with english and math but I don't know why I find science so so boring. The good thing about it is I didn't fall asleep while studying, but I barely had the strength to stand up the next morning... oh yes, I have to bring my dad to work again! (magsisimbang gabi ulit ;p ) and the routine goes on and on and on... Consequently, while I was working 2:30-11pm the next day, I almost collapsed while getting a costume for a customer. But, I still forced myself to get through the day making the start of the week more stressfull as it is.

What I learned here is no amount of money can replace the hardships and sacrifices that you can give to your sibling. She might not remember this (f*ck hope not hahaha), but there's this great amount of happiness that was ignited in me that no money or any material in this world could replace. Maybe it's what they call love, but whatever it is it sure made me a happy man out of me, and I can't seem to understand why. I hope Bea had the time of her life, because I know I did. ;p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home