5/19/2004

Baptism of a new laker fan ....



I have to be true to what I say and promise.
I made a deal with my cousins from L.A. you know the people I watched the game with at staples center. They were converting me to root for the Lakers... I told them that the only time I will EVER root for them is when the SACRAMENTO Kings will be eliminated at the playoffs (which i felt was never going to happen since the kings lineup is tough this year). It turns out I will be eating my words months after.

For people who don't know .. my team lost by 3 points 83-80 to the MINNESOTA Timberwolves. The players had three opportunities. Somehow the ball was not willing to get in the basket even if two three point open shots were taken by Chris Webber and Doug Christie plus one two point attempt by Brad Miller in the final seconds. I felt really bad after. I felt sorry for Webber though because when I watched the replay, he threw the ball with 2.2 seconds left in the game and the ball went in then rattled out. It's like watching those stupid filipino basketball movies in th past but only this one didn't go in.


Today I now declare myself a laker fan. "If you can beat em, join em."
This will be the first time I will be rooting for the rival team I have known, ever since I started cheering for SACRAMENTO. It was supposed to be a victorious night but tonight, make way for a laker fan (as Kuya Joey said) I am now baptized. LET's go lakers! Kobe rocks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home