4/22/2004





042204

It’s so quiet, my child.
I wish it would just stay this way.

I see you sitting alone this blissful afternoon,
miserably slouching with your chin resting on the top of your arm.

You look so troubled,
your eyes staring down at the brown wooden table.

You look so scared child.
I can see the pain in your e y e s.
Are you concerned about your future?

Time is ticking fast…
tick. tock. tick. tock.
your
hand-me-down
Seiko-looking
Rolex from your loving father
reminds you that every second is passing.

I swear,
sometimes I can feel what you have been feeling
for more than a year now.
You know the way a fresh high school graduate feels.

I really want to know what university I will eventually be accepted to, and how long will I still study?

By the way, I heard a song before that goes
“... children get older... I’m getting older too.. well I'm getting older too”

People your age are done with college.
Some of them are looking for jobs,
and some of them are planting seeds for their career.

And you… you don’t even have a clue, on how long your college life will be.

You damn know well what I am talking about.

The only time you will be able to know is when you talk to a counselor in the university that will accept you,
and what’s worse is you do not know if they will credit the units you took in the Philippines.

Isn’t that sweet?

Little Boy you look like I shook you up... Are you alright?

I guess you are probably feeling better than you look like.
You have won so many battles and in the process lost a lot too.

You better be ready for this one kid.

Just be prepared.
I know you can do it.
Things will fall into place soon.
Just wait and see.

Its so peaceful today.
I could hear the birds chirping outside the window,
and see fragments of sunlight discreetly touching your face.
Can you see and feel it?

The sun is going down now,
later a blanket of darkness will emerge,
and icy winds will occupy our quiet surroundings.

When you see the first traces of light
touching the mountains tomorrow

Just smile

because that means
another day has come for you
to redirect your life

-a chance to once again work for your goals and live your dreams.-

P.S. Keep your head up kid you have a long way to go.


(Thursday. 4-22-04. Millbrae Library. 6:30pm)



picture from: http://www.photohome.com/photos/sunrise-sunset-pictures/colorado-tree-sunrise-2.html
(sorry owner of the picture... your picture perfectly fits in here... you can msg me if you want it to be taken out! thanks!)
-author


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home