4/07/2004

major brushes with death.



I have free time till my english class starts so let me write another one because the last one really felt good writing. yum!

1) When I was being delivered from my mother's womb, my umbilical cord was rolled over in my neck. That is why they had to make a cesarean delivery to take me out of this world! The doctors discreetly said to my dad that it was a very dangerous procedure, and there might come a point in which he might choose who will live my mom or me. Thank God hindi nangyari yun... parang telenovela tuloy if that happened! syet!

2) While we were in a C-5 intersection near libis with my blockmates from DLSU, I saw a car speeding towards us at the corner of my left eye. My friend told me if I did not reacted by shouting from the top of my lungs "PUtangina, may kotse!" He wouldn't have stepped hurriedly on the brakes. I was at the back being squeezed near the window because we were 7 people in that little civic car haha!! That was really funny, but we could have all died if that car smashed the middle of our car. It's a good thing it just hit the front bumper which is totally smashed. Naayos naman although still it was really freaky because we almost died that night.

3) While I was riding the bus, a PVP liner, to go to my school in Taft (Benilde) two persons held up the bus, and one of them took out a gun pointed to everybody's head including my shook up self. They demanded our wallets, cell phones and jewelries. The other guy who did not have a gun went around collecting those. The person at my left was shocked when the guy grabbed his necklace forcefully breaking it in his neck. All the people inside the bus were quiet for a while. (probably in fear like me) I took the advantage of hiding my "lovely" 6110 (oh damn i loved that phone!) below my left knees. I put my wallet in my bag so that if he searches me he wouldn't find anything. However, when I was putting my watch (which was given by my caring mom -who still owes $700- haha) the person collecting saw me lean down. So he went towards me in an effort to pressure me in getting it in my bag again and surrendering it to him. I just sat there shouting at him doing a reflex action to show my necklace motioning for him to grab it. Then there it was, a miracle.

He stood back slowly, and his other companion with the gun shouted at him to go down already. He just stared at me and hurriedly went down out of the bus with his partner. Then while I was holding my necklace I came upon this figure, it was my pendant. It was a cross pendant from silverworks (tama bang magplug ;p). I know it signified Jesus Christ or God; consequently for me, the symbol was my savior at that time. Was it some god-fearing hold-upper who had a sudden burst of morality or was it just because they had to go down already because cops might suspect something? Do I think it just took me some luck for me to get out of that situtation? No. But it was a miracle, some sort of divine intervention.. all i can say is, it was devastating, and I hope it wouldn't happen to a person close to my heart.


Note:It's spring break next week all right!!!!
I'll be going to LA this friday afternoon. I'll be staying there till monday. Woohoo!!! Maraming salamat Lord! No classes the whole week. Rest rest rest rest rest... il probably watch a movie... er i mean movies :) haha lots of them trying to keep up... last time I watched was ELF... haha!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home