6/17/2004





Today is 6-15-04

Intro

I cried 3 times today.

In front of a close friend
By myself all alone
And in front of you and the whole family

It took me seven cigarette butts and a cup of Starbuck’s mocha frap before I could gather these words for you.

I thought it would be impossible for me to go to class after what just happened.

But, I know in order to succeed I should praise what you always praise

and that is to finish my education and put it first in after God and my family.

I was just sitting there staring at the colossal trees, the magnificent green grass, and that gorgeous, marvelous sun.

In my twenty one years of existence,
today marks the day,
the first time I answered you back.

This resulted to one of the biggest battles of my life.

Of all people, I never expected it was going to be you
that I am defending myself with.

So today, I decided to write down my deepest and truest thoughts that has been long over due,

I now offer you these words that come from within….





For the man who is responsible why I am alive 2day
4 my dad

I.
You even named me after you

for that blessing, I thank you.
The name RENE is quite legendary to my world
because every time I introduce myself
and say my name

I feel proud

because I know your name has such fine, exquisite history…
that you could write a very thick book about all your
adventurous achievements
and
amazing accomplishments
about your life,
from the time grandma terry bore you as her son
until today.


You even took care of me when I still a baby.

I knew that one day when I grow up.
I will be like you.
strong, fearless, and daring.
the way you walk
that shiny white smile.
and the way you interact with people.

people look up to you
and admire you for your honesty, sincerity and wits.

You even dedicated your l i f e to me.

no matter what,
you were motivated to do whatever it takes to be the best father in the world.

for this,

you have my utmost respect

you make me respect you
that the roots of my soul
shakes every time you passed by.

you have proven to me
that you would cross the lines of being a father so just you know I will be fine.

I will bet everything that I possess,
that you would even give your own life just for me.

I am honored.

I feel lucky.

I feel loved.

In order to make up for everything you have done for me,
I want to dedicate my life to my ambitions and aspirations

so that one day

all your hardships and sacrifices in the past
just to put food inside my mouth
and for me to live a decent life
would be all worth it

II.

Not a day would pass by
that I can’t wait for the time that

YOU
will proudly say that

si Bart, anak ko yan.

My dream would be
for all people’s ears to open up to you
for every breathing person to be uplifted by your presence

because you have raised a very extraordinary, talented man.

This will result to countless men’s heads
turning toward your direction
with their beliefs shaken,
and their minds would bow down to your beguiling feat

because

the man that you call your son
is the tiny cry-baby boy,
you woke up for at 2am in the morning
just to change his diapers.

the man that you call your son
was your student in every aspect of his life,
and he has rode responsibly beside your wings.

the man that you call your son
is now soaring high because
for him,
he knows that


YOU believed in him
the MAN he looked up to, took care of him
the HERO that the boy knew was always there for him.

and YOU knew
when it was time to let him off to the world.


As of today,
no matter what this young man will do with his life,
he will always decide with an
honest heart,
open mind,
and as always with morality

just like the father he grew up with.

III.

there will be
no greater glory,
no sweet victory,
no more desirable conquest

if I will not have your blessing and your supreme admiration.

so I will forever fight for that space.

the right to kill for a dream.

the desire to do whatever it takes to make
and deserve your utmost respect,
to make you feel honored,
to feel that you are lucky,
and to make you feel loved.



I love you dad
and I will use
every living limb,
every part of my body,
my whole soul,
my entire life,
to dedicate it you.

You are the man that is responsible for why I am alive 2day.

For this, I thank you.

Happy Father’s Day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My gift is not much
I thought of giving you an expensive, huge gift
but all i can offer you is these words.

just a few words that will change both our lives forever.


P.S.
As for, my nicotine craving… just like YOU this too shall pass… don’t worry I know what I am doing….

thank you for being so understanding.

Come on, :) you have been here before too *wink*wink*…
Happy father’s day! Love you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home