12/20/2004

Homesick





It’s raining today. The raindrops keep falling like its never going end.

Barefoot I stand upon this moist foreign soil
as the blades of grass waves through the wind
welcoming my two precious naked feet.

It reminds me of the time when I was small as I run through the pouring rain.
Wherever my feet takes me, you will see me there.

I fly around our small village free like a bird escaping from my cage that I call home,
until my yaya would eventually catch me running with her tsinelas in her hand
scolding me for getting wet because she doesn’t want me to be sick.

Oh how I long to relive those days, when I did not care about a damn thing.

As long as I can run, I want to run far away from home… until the rain stops, until
the sun goes down, until there are a gazillion stars that is shining bright in the midnight sky.

Leaving my home is such a sweet adventure for me.
I would like to experience so many things before I grow too old to do all of it, and before
I become boring.

I want to stay away from home as long as I can.
I will not return.

Well, that’s if my tummy would let me because
As far as I know, my tummy is my clock
and it is in-synch with the time the sinigang made by my yaya will be cooked.

So till then I will be sleeping peacefully in my bed
dreaming of going to other places,
while the world revolves around my home,

and once again,

I come back standing in this foreign land facing a grown man with dirty feet

just feeling the opposite,
where no matter wherever he goes,
whatever adventures he may encounter,

home will always have a special place in his heart,
that he comes back again and again even in sleep.


credits:
painting from---
www.dace.co.uk/rant2.htm

note: im trying to make an entry for the fsu skyline book that they will publish about filipino american life... hope this gets accepted though.. im still fixing some parts though.. so this is still under construction... thanks for reading...



ShoutOuts
RUSS: thanks.. i would do anything to make you feel better kahit through posts man lang.. it's good to know that you liked my poem thanks... :)

MYCH: I like your poem too.. baka mainlove na mga poems natin sa kakaganito natin hahaa.. ang labo hahaha.. pasensya na ang gulo ko hehhee..btw, im trying to read love in time of cholera by gabriel garcia marquez.. feeling ko maganda e.. wla lang.. its an old book... you know why i am so updated sa mga books dto?.. bcoz you can borrow the newest books in the public lib.. o dba cool hehee...

*Qt Boston: thanks so much.. hhehe.. im flattered.. your poems are better though... */me blushes... ;p.. by the way, thanks for the letter.. that was really sweet... there was not a part that made me laugh, smile and made me miss you and fsu even more.. now that i am going to state.. awwww... man.. im being senti again.. just take it easy take care...

LORNADAHL: yeah you said it.. sh*t, it is

ARIANE: mejo nga lng eh noh :p cge ill update na..

ZAhRa: you are forgiven.. :) hope i can see you before school starts cuz i won't see you that much anymore.. i thought the last time i was going to see you was darl's party.. bt it's cool i have a gift for you... ;p

D: happy birthday.. hope you like my gift kahit na lam mo na.. sabog hehhe.. ill fix it next time.. happy birthday ulit... ingat lng...











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home